Sunday, October 10, 2004

Sembunyi Spa

It's a belated birthday treat for PrimrosE! *cooing*

It was a loooonnnggg drive to Cyberjaya, Cyberview Lodge (early in the morning too) for an appointment at 10am. And yes, as its name suggested, it was well hidden. Ah, hidden pleasures.

Walking along the winding, pebbled lane, it led us into the entrance of Sembunyi Spa. And the treat? A pampering package of 4 treatments - a 40-minute aroma body massage, a 30-minute balinese herb body scrub, a 20-minute rose yogurt body wrap and a rose petal milk bath.

I was asked to choose my essential oil for the aroma massage: ginger, lavender, jasmine or sandalwood. I went for lavender for calming and soothing effects. I was then asked to choose my balinese jamu for the scrub: kemiri (candlenut), black rice, lulur (a blend of turmeric, sandalwood and jasmine) and mangir (rice powder, grated coconut, tumeric and tamarind). I shrugged and said that I'll go for the most common, which was either the lulur or mangir.

With lots of natural lighting, flowers, sounds of water and soothing balinese music on the background, this oasis with timber flooring, teak furnishing, grass-thatched roof and butterscotch brickwork sure had a very, very romantic ambience.

A lady then led me to the women's changing room and showed me my locker which had a towel, a robe, a pair of slippers and a paper panty. If I had the time, I could even use the jacuzzi bath or the cold plunge pool. Maybe at my next visit.

After changing, I was then led to the 2nd floor, to the exclusive Mayang Sari Suite where a cup of cool ginger tea, a cool peppermint towel and a rocking chair beckoned me. I eased myself into the rocking chair while I sipped my tea and placed the peppermint towel over my closed eyes. I was like an excited little child, waiting to unwrap her strawberry popsicle. After about 5 minutes or so, I was then led to "heaven".

It was a blissful two and a half hours and I was treated like a true PrincEss indeed. I admit that this has been one of my best birthday treats. Thank you so much for the pamper and you mentioned treating me to Mandara Spas, next? *ahem*

No comments: