Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Post Orgasmic Chill

A friend was telling me that he only believes in post-orgasmic slumber. Since he's referring to the sexual context, sexual context it is, then.

Since orgasms involve some neuromuscular tensions at the height of sexual arousal that is usually accompanied by ejaculation of seminal fluid in the male and by vaginal contractions in the female, if you asked me to reason it out, I would say it's more of a slumber for males and more of a chill for females. Not as in "cold" or "shivering" or "disagreeable" but on the contrary as in "completely satisfied" or "a feeling of warmth" or "enthusiasm". I'm not sure if I'm speaking for all but I completely agree that after-sex is indeed post-orgasmic chill-able.

I digress.

Post Orgasmic Chill is quite a cool title for an album, I suppose. This new British band who plays funk, punk, heavy rock and reggae - Skunk Anansie, got their name from the black haired creature, with the white stripe down the back, well known for the nasty smell it emits when threatened - the Skunk - and anansie, a spider from Jamaican folk stories. Reviews for this album had been great.

No comments: