Wednesday, May 05, 2004

Hassle

At long last, Bank Holidays came to an end. Called in on an emergency leave at work today and:

(1) Visited the National Registration Department to redo my identification card
I was there at 7am (government start functioning at 8am) but there I was, way back in line already. My spirits were let down but I was determined to stand there for an hour to get a number ticket. I was the 127th with 126 still waiting.
*shrug*
Drove home for breakfast, later visited the kodak shop to get my pretty face snapped for the purpose of my driving license. By the time I reached the NRD at 11-ish am, they have already processed 100 people (*bah* 100 only??). Fine. Another 26 more to go. I can take that. $40 went down the drain for this replacement.

(2) Visited my mobile phone service provider to replace my SIM card
Drove to town straight after I got my temporary identification. After a half-hour wait and $50 later, a new SIM card was given and at least, I get to keep my number.

(3) Re-did my driving license
Drove back home again and paid my driving agency a visit. Another $190 poorer. *sigh*

(4) Visit banks to collect my new credit cards and my ATM card
One word: LAZY. I shall procrastinate on this one.

Money, money, money! The flow seems to be on a one-way street. This is just soooo pathetic!


Current emotions: Relief
Random observation: My scraped knee and grazes have begun to dry up and scabbing
Currently reading: From Cradle to Grave by Joyce Egginton
Currently listening to: Morse code on ham radio