Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Supposedly GCB

I am usually not a McDonald's (fast food) fan but if I were to McDonald's, I would order a fillet O' fish meal and change Coke for Milo. However, today, for some alien reason, I swiftly changed my order from fish to the new GCB just as the cashier was about to confirm the order.

Now, GCB is supposedly this new burger that was supposedly "launched" to grace the Ramadhan (fasting) month, supposedly a great burger to "buka puasa" (break fast) because it comprises of supposedly 2 pieces of grilled chicken thigh pieces with supposedly layered char-grilled sauce and supposedly topped with crunchy lettuce.
.
.
.
.
.
(excuse the blurry pics. Taken with my iPhone and as you all know, the "i" is not a good camera substitute)

The supposedly GCB packaging


I was about to bite into the burger (like how you would sink your teeth into a burger) when, for some alien reason, I have decided to just lift the bun to take a peek at the chicken pieces...
.
.
.
.
.

What's that teriyaki-glazed surface?
.
.
.
.
.

Yikes! Fatty chicken skin! No, no, no, I don't want to see chicken skin in my burger. Not one but TWO skins (since there were 2 pieces of chicken)! But no big deal, I guess. Removed I did plus scraping out all those fat bits.

Took a bite and oh no! It's peppery. Gee, it's black pepper taste. I kinda hate black pepper in burgers (I've never wanted to buy Prosperity burgers during CNY) and I kinda hate black pepper in fried chickens (I've never wanted to try Crispy Black Pepper KFC). No where in their McDonald's advertisement did they state "black pepper" in their GCB.

Sigh. At this point, I've lost all appetite and decided to eat the bun, the chicken and the lettuce separately, just to make sure I know what I'm putting into my mouth. The chargrilled sauce they claimed? It's mayo with LOTSA black pepper in it. Chargrill my ass.

I just ate one piece of skinless chicken, had a couple of wilted lettuce and happy with my milo.

That's it! Fillet O Fish from now on. GCB=Gross Chicken Burger

No comments: