Thursday, May 07, 2009

Goodbye Granny

My 85-year-old granny was admitted into the hospital when she couldn't be awaken from sleep in the morning of last weekend. She was in a coma for 2 full days at the hospital until the conditions worsened and my parents were informed by the authorities. All relatives were summoned to the hospital for one last look at granny. On Monday morning just a few days ago, she passed away peacefully around 6-ish am.

Granny had been complaining of pain and short of breath for a very long time. She was hard to hear and was always out of breath. She had also been expressing every so often that she wanted to leave this place for good. I guess she had already lost her will to live when grandpa passed away last year. It has only been 10 months since and granny couldn't wait any longer to join him.

We held a one-night wake at the Kong Tung funeral parlour with Christian proceedings. We had the pastor from Calvary Church heading the funeral ceremony with prayers and songs of praise.

My heart feels heavy even as I am writing about my grandparents now but this is how life is. God gave us life, and one day, it will be taken - back to Him, to a place where there is no more sufferings.


This is one of a handful of photos I have of granny. Thankfully, there were a few more taken at my wedding. And a few days before she fell into a coma, she has passed on a strand of rice pearl necklace for my keepsake.

Rest in peace, por por. I love you and will miss you. Don't forget to bless me with many generations down this path.

And those were the last words I whispered just before her coffin descended to the ground for cremation.

Ashes to ashes
Dust to dust
And from hereon
The family saga ends
At last!
...
...


6 flowers for this post
You're right Frances. Ours is a borrowed life. My condolences to you and to your family.

*hugs*
Lene | Homepage | 07.05.09 - 3:27 pm | #

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, Lene. Borrowed life is the correct term. Thank you for your condolences...
Primrose | 07.05.09 - 4:09 pm | #

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My deepest condolences.. Princess. You take care..!
Mamabok | Homepage | 08.05.09 - 1:17 pm | #

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you Mamabok...
Primrose | 08.05.09 - 4:08 pm | #

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My deepest condolences to you and your family. It's late but better than never. *Hugs* Take care.
Charlene | Homepage | 13.05.09 - 12:14 am | #

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you Char. {hugs back}
Primrose | 17.05.09 - 12:54 am | #

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: