Sunday, September 21, 2008

Back to Basics

Would you be able to live without the mobile phone today? Yes, of course. Yeah rrrright. Well, perhaps some of you can. I would have been quite restless without it for a day, to be honest. Let alone "live without"! Pfft.

But as advanced phones are today, I was itching to get back to basics. Just for fun. You know, no camera, no bluetooth, no GPRS, no MMS, no fancy ring tones, no infra-red even. Just a basic phone with a keypad and the sms tool. You know, probably how it was before, 8 years ago.

So I went on a mission in search of one basic (second) phone which should also be slim and sleek with colour screen.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Take a peek at my cute pink Nokia 7070, a diamond-cut design, also a 2008 release. That little pink triangle blinks when a call or sms come in. Also lights up at intervals until you retrieve your missed call or message. Quite cool. Comes in blue too!


Extremely basic and I love the size. Weighs 78g with battery, measures 87.5mm (l) x 44mm (w) with 15.8mm in thickness. Even the packaging is cute!

One thing though. You probably won't find this in Malaysia - yet/ever. There's no market for basic phones anymore. Malaysians too eksyen. I got it from Singapore for S$120. Cheeeeaapp! Basic phones are cool there.

I'm loving it!



4 flowers for this post
LOL "Malaysians too eksyen".

The Japanese did a survey and showed that most of the multi-functions in the cellphone rarely or never utilized by the consumers in Japan.

Your cellphone is a lovely one Frances.
fish fish | Homepage | 21.09.08 - 7:23 am | #

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Fran! How are you? Aiming for the basics eh? I'm also quite thinking of separating things in my life. That is, a digital camera for pictures, Ipod for music and just cellphone basics for SMS and calls.

But my Motty is almost a year only so it's not practical for me to go with the plan, I think.

Flip phones are cool, brand aside.
Lene | 21.09.08 - 4:12 pm | #

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

another new phone again??? mine last time i complaint battery always died, changed the battery for RM40 and i'm still with the same old phone leh...
kruy | Homepage | 23.09.08 - 3:20 pm | #

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cool! I love the way you describe on your blog Very interesting.
charlene | 23.09.08 - 6:32 pm | #

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: