Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Bier Keller

One of my birthday dinner treats last week was at the Bier Keller Pub and (German) Restaurant located in the heart of the city.


We parked at the Concorde Hotel and walked across the road to Menara Haw Par. It didn't have a very impressive entrance. In fact, it was quite hidden and looked slightly dingy, people could have easily missed it.


Walk in and the pub will be in full sight. It was slightly smoky from all the ciggie puffs but it wasn't too crowded *yet* for a weekday evening. A couple more steps past the bar and you'd come to the restaurant with a setting of about 8 tables. Overall, it was quite cosy.


Selection of food from the menu seemed interesting and reasonably priced. I skimmed through their German selections and settled for the veal meatloaf.


It comes in very old-fashioned western food style complete with fries and mixed peas but my absolute joy was seeing a lot of gravy AND a single bull's eye atop the meatloaf, done the way I like a fried egg to be - with runny yolk. Yummy! Weird that they were to serve potato salad when fries were already on the plate but oh well! I'd just have to pile on the carbs!


Take a peek under the egg! My veal meatloaf. It was simply delicious. Texture was springy and chewy-firm, like a slab of fried luncheon meat, only tastier.


By half past 7, the crowd began to fill the tables. Reservations needed if you'd like to try out this restaurant. The only disappointment was the lack of German beer (at a German Pub). But of course, I had happily sipped my hot chocolate.


I'll definitely want to be back again for other selections in the menu.



4 flowers for this post
I've been away far too long because I missed something. Let me make it up to you...BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY FRAN! May you have many, many more birthdays to come. You're such a nice person and I can only wish you all the best in the world! Thank you so much for the gift of friendship! =)
Lene | 03.10.06 - 11:01 am | #

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm seriously hungry looking at the pics!!! What about price wise?! Reasonable?
titoki | Homepage | 04.10.06 - 10:44 am | #

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wow....i didn't even know this place exist until u blog it! da sunny side up looks yummy and da veal meatloaf looks good!!! serves any dessert or not?
MeiyeN | Homepage | 04.10.06 - 3:38 pm | #

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Lene! We learn from each other.

titoki: The prices not too bad though from the menu, I can see new prices stuck on top the old ones. They increase about RM2 for all items.

MeiyeN: Got! Got desserts but me tummy too full to eat anything else. I simply must try their desserts next time. Or if you get to try first, blog about it and let me know, k?
Primrose | Homepage | 06.10.06 - 1:37 am | #

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: