Friday, March 11, 2005

Procrastinator's Creed

Seeing that I won't be posting much the rest of this week and next and next...I thought I'd do some lazy bum's work and cut-and-paste an article I read today. *sigh* How apt!

I believe that if anything is worth doing, it would have been done already
Yes, I have already blogged for the week

I shall never move quickly, except to avoid more work or find excuses
I don't need to rush my entries unless I don't want to do work. Like now (??)

I will never rush into a job without a lifetime of consideration
I wil take my time to put up a post alright

I shall meet all of my deadlines directly in proportion to the amount of bodily injury I could expect to receive from missing them
Nah, nobody's gonna harm me if my blog went missing. Right? Right? Right?

I firmly believe that tomorrow holds the possibility for new technologies, astounding discoveries, and a reprieve from my obligations
Tomorrow? What's that? I only know Today and forgotten Yesterday. One day at a time, mate, one day at a time...

I truly believe that all deadlines are unreasonable regardless of the amount of time given
The lines are already dead when found

I shall never forget that the probability of a miracle, although infinitely small, is not exactly zero
Yes miracles, not exactly zero. It's ZERO

If at first I don't succeed, there is always next year
Oh yes, I second that. Hear ye, you who did not succeed in July 2004. There's July 2005

I shall always decide not to decide, unless of course I decide to change my mind
And I can also excuse myself for the excuses I make to be excused

I shall always begin, start, initiate, take the first step, and/or write the first word, when I get around to it
Does the word 'procrastinator' count?

I obey the law of inverse excuses which demands that the greater the task to be done, the more insignificant the work that must be done prior to beginning the greater task
Is blogging considered a great task? So what's insignificant prior to blogging? Nothing. Ahh! Nothing is insignificant

I know that the work cycle is not plan/start/finish, but is wait/wait/plan
Correction: Blog/Plonk on computer/Blog/Look busy/Blog

I will never put off until tomorrow what I can forget about forever
Now what was it that I said I was going to blog about that female monk? Someone, please remind me

I will become a member of the Ancient Order of Two-Headed Turtles (the Procrastinator's Society) if they ever get it organised
And I shall be the Chairperson of the Forgetfulness Society if I remember anything at all



2 flowers for this post
lol. Where'd your read that?
Yuen Li | Homepage | 11.03.05 - 6:12 pm | #

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hahahah!!
MrsT | 12.03.05 - 11:50 am | #

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: