Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Night ponderings

No doubt a blog acts as an avenue for one to spill that spur-of-the-moment pent up feelings. At least for me - and re-reading some past posts sometimes makes me laugh at my own blogging. Way too tarty. Written with scorn. Blogged with malice.

CF thought that I have developed a temper. "I didn't think you were that blunt when you were at uni," he said. "Maybe it's time to advance your skills to include tactfulness," he continued with much concern.

Well CF, you are right. I guess it's a little unfair to write this way when one doesn't know where the subject is coming from but one thing's for sure: The workplace sure sucks!

On a lighter note, I had prawns for dinner. Should I or should I not take an anti-histamine in case of an itch? Half a tablet requires 6 hours or sleep and a whole tablet requires 12.

*counting hours*

Better not take any or else, I won't wake up in time for work!

I digress.

I was brushing my teeth and I absent-mindedly reached for that tube of toothpaste. Out of habit, I squeezed toothpaste from the top end of the tube. Then I noticed dents in the middle of the tube and a flat-out at the bottom end of the tube. Gee! Everybody in my family squeezes toothpaste from different parts of the tube. Funny how I never noticed that before.



9 flowers for this post
Primrose: When the "tactful" world around us creates emotional dissonance between what we are really feeling and the mask we have to put on in order to be acceptable to some quarters of the population. Hence that's why we blog, to have a medium where we can really express out inner feelings without fearing scorn (though not all the time)

Case in point, check out this post: http://www.minishorts.net/index....index.php? p=151

PS: I personally press the bottom of the tube first to ensure I don't waste any toothpaste.
Nicholas | Homepage | 02.02.05 - 7:17 am | #

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't give the greedy and self-interested drug companies the satisfaction or encourage their immoral behaviour. Twelve hours for the drugs to cure the problem which, if left untreated, will almost certainly cure itself in roughly twelve hours while your body body learns to boost it's own immunity - without the slow, gradual toxicity of artificial chemicals building up in your system and weakening your own immune system.

BTW - those prawns were dead when you ate them, right? They won't scratch you very much.
Friend For Life | 02.02.05 - 7:22 am | #

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You always did have a temper, dear. Not many people may have noticed, but you most certainly did.

At best, you's leave them talking to William, Wilbur, Wallace and Winston.

At worst... well, you told me once you'd pull a knife and...

Little chilli padi.
M | 02.02.05 - 9:57 am | #

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nic: And that "though not all the time" took its place. Of course you and I know the whole reason of blogging. One can be braver, bolder and HONEST. Unfortunately, there are far too many jagged little pills out there who don't appreciate straight tubes. Jagged they'll be, jagged you'll be.
ps: From the bottom is good. It means that you are meticulous

Friend for Life: *giggle* And true enough, those prawns were sleeping like a baby. Maybe I should try lobsters next. LOL!

M: Hmm, W,W,W and W? I thought they were (P)at, (P)riscilla, (P)aula and (P)am? Were they the four white walls or the four fluffy pillows? Knife? Err...maybe a dildo would have given more satisfaction. Ahaks!
Primrose | Homepage | 02.02.05 - 1:33 pm | #

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

erm.

thanks kor. for that publicity.

WELL.

ERM.

HI. BTW. Nick told me bout you. *_* This prolly means there's a higher possibility of u and me meeting up. I
minishorts | Homepage | 03.02.05 - 8:52 pm | #

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'W's for the walls, 'P's for the pillows

Dildo vs knife... I'd take the knife!
M | 04.02.05 - 7:26 am | #

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wats the fun in being tactful in your own blog.. meaning own thoughts..???!!?? Afterall.. blogging is supposed.... to relieve some kinda stress.. and tension... so if one is too tactful.. it becomes really fake.. donch you think.. and does not become oneself..??? no..??? just my 2 cents worth..
PS :- And everyone is entitled to a temper or two.. no matter how good-natured.. or tactful they are.. no..???
MrsT | 04.02.05 - 10:38 am | #

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

minishorts: That's a really cute name. Minishorts. Hmm. Yes, and Nic told me about you too! I read your entry. Try cranberry juice next time. The pure one. It should work. Try not to take antibiotics too much or else if it recurs, the same medicine won't work.

M: *LOL* And dildo vs knife...I'd opt for the dildo. :p

MrsT: Yes, I agree with all you have said. The tact and the temper. I believe that I'm entitled to my own thoughts and how I express them in here. Anytime better to be nasty in real.
Primrose | Homepage | 04.02.05 - 1:44 pm | #

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was hoping to drift through your life like a shadow in the night not leaving a trace, however I guess I made the error of putting my foot in my mouth. :P So what the hack, here comes the rebuttal. Firstly, I just would like to say that I believed I was quoted out of context. Secondly, to address all the critics, here is my two cent: weblogs are world visible and control over viewers do not exist, it is alway wiser to exercise a certain degree of restrain simply because you may not be able to comprehend or envisage the extend of the retribution. In most cases, weblog are not totally anonymous hence these situations call for more caution. I don’t discourage the vending of frustration however, there is a time and place for it and I personally do not believe that it is wise to “air your dirty laundry in public”. Just to note that this is my personal opinion and in no way does it reflect the opinions of the people I associate with. :P

Please excuse for any typos and grammatical errors
CF | 05.02.05 - 1:48 am | #

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: