Thursday, December 23, 2004

Consumed

I'm in love all over again. I watched the Phantom of the Opera for the second time tonight (last night I mean, since it's past midnight) and walked out of the cinema with dreamy eyes and a fluttering heart. Oh, so romantic. I feel so much for the characters. For the Phantom. For Christine. For Raoul. I move so much with them.

"You read too much romance" Chiki teased with raised eyebrows and a funny look. Hmmm, I think so too. I fantasise too much about romance. I read far too many romance novels. I dream too much about how romance should be like. My imagination goes far. No wonder I'm still single in reality. I can't snap out of my own world of romance.

I have succumbed to passion. Ah, too consumed with love...

What raging fire shall flood the soul,
what rich desire unlocks its door?
What sweet seduction lies before us?

In my mind I've already imagined,
our bodies entwining, defenceless and silent,
and now I am here with you.

Past all thought of "right" or "wrong" -
One final question:
How long should we two wait, before we're one?

When will the blood begin to race,
the sleeping bud burst into bloom?
When will the flames, at last, consume us?

from "The Point of No Return", The Phantom of the Opera




1 flower for this post
My dear Princess

Don't fantasise. Indulge in one.
CK | 23.12.04 - 9:32 am
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: