Saturday, May 01, 2004

Thief! Thief! (help or yelp)

F: friend

*bag snatched*
*gave a yelp and fell to the ground*
*stood up and just stared at the kancil driving away*
*stared blankly into space*
*stared blankly into F's face*
*blink blink*

Couldn't believe it! Just 4 hours ago, standing at my car, with my car keys in hand, ready to open my car door when a kancil with 4 men was approaching, driving really near to F and I. In a split second, with the man stretching out from the passenger window, it happened! For the first time in my life, I experienced the snatch! Ughh!

Oh, why didn't I sling my bag on the other shoulder?
Oh, why did I sling it in the first place when I could have held it in my hands?
Oh, why didn't it occur to me that a snatch was going to take place?
Oh, why didn't I get into my car a second sooner?
Oh, why wasn't I holding my pepper spray? (duh)
Oh, why didn't F do something? (shut up, Primrose, be grateful someone was there with you)
Why, oh why?

*pause*

Thank goodness I wasn't dragged on the ground
Thank goodness for just a knee fall and some grazes
Thank goodness for my bad quality bag whose strap snapped as soon as it was pulled
Thank goodness I didn't have to be sent to the hospital
Thank goodness I wasn't kidnapped (or worse, got raped!!)
Thank goodness my car keys and my house keys were with me

*sigh*

Damn these snatch thieves. They have actually upgraded themselves from snatching on motorcycles to driving those damn kancils now. I must have appeared a deliciously helpless target that night. There I was calling my banks, cancelling my bank cards. Then, proceeded to the police's little caravan for up to almost 2 hours reporting my loss and taking down statements. And guess what the police said to me?
"Ini takde apa-apa. Hari tu, orang tu masuk ICU". Damn! So what did the police tell the poor soul in the ICU? Did he say "Ini takde apa-apa. Hari tu, orang tu mati". These police! *smack smack* Should go for some real customer service training!

*pulling hair*

Arggh! It was an uneventful Friday indeed. And to add to my frustrations, a Bank Holiday will be observed till next Tuesday. I shall be quite, quite helpless and powerless without plastic for a while.

*frustrated*

Only consolation:
I get to shop for a new phone (yipee, yipee, yay, yay!)
I get to shop for a new lip gloss, a new lipstick and a new blusher
I get to shop for a new coin purse (maybe I have a spare somewhere)
I get to shop for a new wallet (or choose from the many in my collection of wallets)
I get to shop for a new bag (then again, I've got many lying around somewhere)