Monday, August 11, 2008

Beauty & the Beast

This is a VERY late entry. A month late. I have meant to put this up before the end of July but family matters took precedence AND ... procrastination took over, as usual.


I went for Disney's Beauty & The Beast, the Broadway Musical at the Plenary Hall, Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre on 1st July 2008.


I bought the lowest-priced tickets there was at RM90.00 but after the 10-minute intermission, I moved to the RM150 seats. Nice!


The Programme


That's me


That's the view of the stage from where we were seated

Overall, slightly below my expectations. I shouldn't watch the cartoon and expect the stage to take after it. I expected Gaston to be this umpphh, muscular guy but he turned out to be quite goofy. Nonetheless, he brought along a lot of humour. And then I expected Beast to be this...this growly and hairy beast he is supposed to portray but...but certain scenes turned out to be comical, somewhat childish - so much so it was kinda sissy-ish for a B-E-A-S-T. Kids loved him though. I must say that my favourite character had to be Lumiere! He stole the night definitely. Songs and the stage set were great. Had some new songs that was not featured in the cartoon.

I am awaiting the next Musical. Let me know if one comes along. Cheers!



2 flowers for this post
Hello, Wow, this is good. I also want to go for this.
charlene | Homepage | 13.08.08 - 11:11 am | #

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, hello, am going to Manila next week..haha..meeting Arglene!
charlene | Homepage | 19.08.08 - 2:26 pm | #

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: