Sunday, January 07, 2007

Walk free

I live a life of a singleton with no commitments, with nothing tying me down to anyone, anything, anywhere. Free and easy, as I always call it. No doubt it has gone through some roller coasters of ups and downs, with whirlwind of excitement dotted here and there, with opportunities and misses along the way but ... it's pretty much a life that's repetitive at most times, mundane sometimes, predictable at other times, exhilarating at rare times, alone all the time.

Someone said something which sets my mind wondering. And I pondered long and hard over the weekend. Yes indeed. As much as I have only felt that home actually felt like home in the last 2 years (which prompted me to purchase a life insurance so that I'll stay), the element of worthiness for me to hold on for long is still missing. Or rather, life has been status quo for a very long time. Yes, I could actually pack my life into a bag and walk out of here anytime. Yes, I could.



4 flowers for this post
You are never alone, dear PrincEss.

You have family, you have friends, you have Max-A-Million, you have colleagues and most importantly you have God with you at every moment.

You are never alone if you know you are loved. I know that many (myself included) do love you dearly.

Think on those things and you'll quickly realise that you are wrong about having no responsibilities. You have lots of responsibilities.

No man (or PrincEss) is an island. You are intricately connected to a big, wide & vibrant world.
Friend For Life | 08.01.07 - 7:40 am | #

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"restless" Prose, if that's the state you are in:
then it's okay to pack your bags and roam -- (born and) walk free.

You never know, as the young shepherd in The Alchemist, you may travel the world and like a Tom Sawyer, may bump into a Hucklebbery friend -- jest round the bend. That rainbow that you seek is to follow thy hear, and finally, you never know, all along the home is where the heart is. Then I'll welcome thee back with tehtarik + some Furong siew pau; the banana cake you bake thyself but leave me one byteOR2!
ylchong | Homepage | 08.01.07 - 10:43 pm | #

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alone but not lonely, am I correct? =) Leaving can be an adventure. I myself thought of having that phase to become a reality but I think the odds beat me out of it. But you see, anywhere we go, it's just a matter of perspective.
Lene | 13.01.07 - 1:55 pm | #

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi primrose
well i would say to enjoy ur singleton no commitment walk free life while u still can. when u get married and have kids then all these would be gone.
kruy | Homepage | 19.01.07 - 1:21 pm | #

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: