Sunday, August 20, 2006

The Musical

After 2 years upon the release of the movie, Puteri Gunung Ledang is finally selling their tickets to their Musical held at Istana Budaya.

I missed the 1st season this March or rather, couldn't get hold of any tickets despite them extending the Musical for 3 more days. They were a SOLD-OUT! I am NOT about to miss the 2nd season - no way!

Luck was drumming near. Hoot, hoot! There I was holding tickets with compliments from YTL Corp. to the Musical on Grand Circle seats. What more could I ask for when it comes with a complimentary Programme booklet featuring a brief biography of all on-stage talents and a demo soundtrack with 4 main songs?

My tickets

My demo cd

My programme booklet

The PGL soundtrack, live recording

Sorry for blur pics. Phone camera, see?

The Musical lasted about 2 and a half hours with one intermission. The song compostitions were very good, prose in javanese malay, very meaningful lyrics which spoke the whole musical storyline, it moved me. The soundtrack (full version) is definitely worth buying at RM35. I have no good pics to show, unfortunately, as photography was not allowed but the PGL website has very good snapshots of the stage acts.

Puteri Gunung Ledang Musical was awesome, to say the least. The opening act was nothing short of fantastic. I really don't mind watching it again, alas there isn't anymore staging for the rest of this year.

Kaulah segala-galanya
Makna di dalam hidupku
Detik ini telah lama sudah kutunggu
Hangat sentuhanmu
Melerai rindu...




1 flower for this post
I love the musical too. Wow free tickets!! You must know YTL people very well
Jane | 07.09.06 - 9:32 pm | #

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: