Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Hazy

A sheer curtain of smoke shrouded visibility in town yesterday - or at least around the area where I worked. Oblivous to the air quality, I only realised how bad it was when I left the office around 9pm, breathing in smoky air. The haze from Indonesia is back!

No wonder I had throbbing temples. Many a times, I had to wrinkle those brows and gently rubbed my temples just to ease the dull ache away. I reckon the slight migraine was either caused by having too much to do at work (at the same time reading blogs) or staring at the computer screen for too long (reading blogs) or sleeping too late (reading blogs) or breathing in foul air (while reading blogs). With blurry, cataractous vision, I went to bed feeling lousy.

Thank goodness for strong winds and rolling clouds this morning. It brought some rain and nothing beats the comfort of smelling a whiff of rain in the mornings. It's the smell of optimisn.

Have a nice day, me (and continue reading blogs)!



5 flowers for this post
I hate those hazy days ..and smoke from indonesia fires too. But every year at a certain time.. it happens.. ! bummer..!! and apparently nothing the "garmen" can do about it either..!
Big BoK | Homepage | 03.08.05 - 2:20 pm | #

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

D heavy rain just now did clear the haze a wee bit but the air quality is still not good enough hor. So do stay indoor. Do your body a favour, get more sleep as you don't work out.
chiki | 03.08.05 - 5:53 pm | #

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love the smell of rain too - it has a calming, soporific quality to it.
Yuen Li | Homepage | 04.08.05 - 5:52 am | #

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i love the smell of my fart during rainy season ...
michaelooi | Homepage | 04.08.05 - 11:37 pm | #

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i love the rain. too much reading blogs eh?! he he
arglene | 05.08.05 - 1:22 pm | #

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: